CBD uses for dogs and cats have shown to be safe and well-tolerated by them. More research is being conducted on the use of CBD products in pets, but studies show that CBD products show that dogs and cats show adverse effects. Veterinary studies show that CBD will not get your pet high since it is not intoxicating and also how the endocannabinoid system of pets works. Pets are known to have receptors that help balance and regulate their immune and central nervous system.
CBD has helped in solving many pet health problems, including inflammatory problems, seizures, pain relief, and anxiety.
Benefits of CBD on dogs and cats
- Seizures-studies confirm that CBD has anti-epileptic and anti-convulsing actions in pets especially dogs. It has been shown CBD has a reduction in the frequency of seizures.
- Pain – pet owners suggest CBD can treat pain, especially arthritis and chronic pain. Scientists have shown pets may experience different types of pain and this might be as a result of cannabinoids deficiency, CBD will help increase the cannabinoids.
- Anxiety- CBD can help anxious dogs and cats relax. CBD oils and hemp are commonly known to manage anxiety in dogs and cats by changing their brain receptor’s responses, allowing them to be calm and more relaxed.
- Appetite- many people choose CBD for cats and dogs with low appetite. CBD can help restart your pet’s system and bring their appetite back.
CBD use on dogs and cats is shown to benefit their health and mental problems. However, there are a few negative clinical signs reported such as vomiting, diarrhea, and lethargy, after ingestion of CBD products on some pets.
Consumption of CBD to dogs and cats
More pet owners are lovers of CBD use on dogs and cats hence the development of different methods for giving CBD to them. Of course, after knowing the right CBD for your dog or cat you may decide to use the following ways;
- Orally – mostly preferred method by using a dropper.
- Food – it is a common method to mix CBD with the pet’s food.
- Pet treats- many pet owners prefer to give their dog or cat a special treat occasionally. Buying a CBD mixed treat is also advised.
If you are a dog or cat owner, you will want to consult with a licensed veterinarian before giving your pet any CBD products. This is recommended since every pet is different, and not all dogs and cats will give the same response to the CBD product. Experts in knowledge on CBD use on dogs and cats hence prescribing correct CBD dosage.
Know more information on CBD for Cats and Dogs : https://cbdpet.ca/cbd-enriched-nutraceutical-treats/